Georgia Darlene Nolan
Nolan, circa 1976
- Missing Since 11/01/1976
- Missing From Harlan, Kentucky
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/05/1946 (76)
- Age 30 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'5, 120 - 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A cross necklace and possibly an Indian-style shirt.
- Medical Conditions Nolan may have slight arthritis in her hands.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Dark brown hair, brown eyes. Nolan has a mole on the back of her neck, a scar on her forehead and severe scarring on her back from deep stab wounds. She smoked cigarettes at the time of her disappearance. She gave birth by Caesarean section two months prior to her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Nolan was last seen in late November 1976 in Harlan, Kentucky. She was accompanied by her her estranged husband at the time of her disappearance, and they were en route to Chicago, Illinois. According to her husband, they got separated during the journey. Nolan never arrived in Chicago and has never been heard from again. She was reported missing by her brother on November 28.
Nolan had a troubled marriage prior to her disappearance. She separated from her husband shortly before the last of her four children was born and moved from her husband's home in Chicago to Kentucky, where she grew up.
Nolan's husband came to Kentucky a few months later and they decided to reconcile. They dropped their youngest child, then two months old, off at her husband's mother's house and began the journey back to Chicago. They were on the way there when Nolan disappeared.
Her husband gave different accounts as to how they got separated. He initially said she disappeared near Indianapolis, Indiana. Later he said they got into an argument and he let Nolan out of the car on the interstate between Indiana and Illinois. Decades later he told a third story, saying he and Nolan stopped at a gas station in Indianapolis and Nolan called a strange woman who came and picked her up.
Shortly after Nolan's disappearance, her husband filed papers charging Nolan with child abandonment and naming his mother as the next of kin. His mother got temporary custody of the couple's children while Nolan's husband was working in Chicago, In 1980, Nolan's husband returned to Kentucky and filed for divorce.
Foul play is suspected in Nolan's disappearance. Her Social Security number has not been used since 1976. Her case remains unsolved.
- Kentucky Intelligence & Missing Persons 502-227-9708
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 12, 2018; details of disappearance updated.