Gerald L. Brody
Brody, circa 2017
- Missing Since 04/13/2017
- Missing From Saratoga, Wisconsin
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 73 years old
- Height and Weight Unknown
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green coat and a dark blue or black stocking cap.
- Medical Conditions Brody sustained a traumatic brain injury at a young age.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair. Brody had a mustache at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Brody was last seen on a trail in the woods south of his residence, which was near State Highway 73 and south Young Street in Saratoga, Wisconsin, on April 13, 2017. He has never been heard from again and an extensive search of the area turned up no indication of his whereabouts.
He has been known to drop out of sight from time to time, but never for this long. He apparently returned home at some point after he was reported missing and left a note, then left again. Authorities haven't stated what the note said.
Brody didn't have a cellular phone at the time of his disappearance, and he had never learned to drive. He used a bicycle for transportation his whole life, but the bike he usually rode was left behind at his residence. His residence was full of clutter, and he had no running water; he would bathe in a creek behind his house. Several guns were found in his residence; it's unclear whether any were missing.
The circumstances of Brody's case are unclear. His case remains unsolved.
- Wood County Sheriff's Department 715-421-8700
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 18, 2019; casefile added.