Glenda Sue Shoptaugh
Shoptaugh, circa 2005
- Missing Since 11/10/2005
- Missing From Estacada, Oregon
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/04/1943 (80)
- Age 62 years old
- Height and Weight Unknown
- Medical Conditions Shoptaugh was in poor health at time of her disappearance. She suffers from mental illness and has been hospitalized for this in the past.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Brown 1985 Subaru station wagon with the Oregon license plate number CL 68605 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Gray hair.
Details of Disappearance
Shoptaugh resided with her son in a residence on Highway 211 southeast in Estacada, Oregon at the time of her disappearance. Her son stated that early on the morning of November 10, 2005, she was acting strangely and talking to herself.
Shoptaugh's son left with a friend at 7:30 a.m. to go mushroom hunting. When he returned four or five hours later, his mother was gone. Her brown 1985 Subaru station wagon with the Oregon license plate number CL 68605 was also missing. Shoptaugh has never been heard from again. Her son reported her missing on November 14.
On November 15, Shoptaugh's car was found on a forest service road in Mount Hood National Forest, four miles from Highway 224, east of Estacada. The vehicle was covered in black mold. The door was open and the keys were still in the ignition. The Forest Service employee who found it did not realize it was connected to a missing person.
On November 18, when the Forest Service realized the car was still parked in the same location, they did a computer inquiry to determine the owner's identity and realized it belonged to Shoptaugh and that she was missing. A search of the area was launched immediately.
An extensive search of the forest turned up no indication of Shoptaugh's whereabouts and authorities no longer believe she was ever there. In July 2006, investigators announced Shoptaugh was missing under suspicious circumstances and may have been murdered.
Many of the people in her life were involved with the drug culture, but it is unclear whether drugs were a factor in Shoptaugh's disappearance. Before she went missing, she was known for collecting cans and bottles in the Estacada area. Her case remains unsolved.
- Clackamas County Sheriff's Office 503-557-5811
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 13, 2008; casefile added.