Glenna Jean White
Glenna, circa 2009; Age-progression to age 27 (circa 2019); Robert Moore
- Missing Since 06/02/2009
- Missing From Alliance, Ohio
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/09/1992 (30)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 115 - 125 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green tank top, black pants and black shoes with red hearts on them.
- Medical Conditions Glenna may be in need of medication for unspecified reasons.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Glenna's nose, lip and ears are pierced. She has a scar on her left wrist from a self-inflicted cut, and a tattoo of a ying-yang symbol and a sunburst on her right arm. Her nickname is Gennie. Glenna dyes her hair many different colors.
Details of Disappearance
Glenna disappeared from Alliance, Ohio on June 2, 2009. She has never been heard from again and was classified as a runaway for years. She may have taken a purple bicycle with her.
In December 2021, Robert Lindsey Moore was charged with aggravated murder, murder and being a repeat violent offender in connection with Glenna's disappearance. He is the last person known to have seen her alive.
According to the prosecution's theory of the case, Glenna and her boyfriend ran away from home in 2009. They stayed with Moore at his home for a couple of nights, and he offered them alcohol.
At some point, according to witnesses, Glenna went to her boyfriend, wearing only a sheet, and said Moore had tried to rape her. Moore was infuriated at her accusation and told both Glenna and her boyfriend to leave his residence. He offered to give Glenna a ride back to her own house, and she got in the car with him.
About an hour and a half later, Moore returned home alone and said Glenna had jumped out of the car while he was at a stop sign. Relatives who saw him at the time noted his pants were muddy from the knees down, he was splattered with blood from the waist up, his hands were "busted up" and his knuckles were bloodstained; he said he'd been "jumped" and beaten by three men. Glenna has never been heard from again.
Moore had a prior history of violent offenses and had been charged with murder in the 1993 death of a Stark County, Ohio woman named Virginia Lecorchick, but convicted of involuntary manslaughter after a jury trial and served fifteen years in prison. He stated he had "just exploded" and killed Lecorchick after she refused his sexual advances, then dumped her body in a lake.
At Moore's trial in the spring of 2022, the jury acquitted him of aggravated murder, but was unable to come to a verdict on the charge of murder. He will remain in jail while the prosecution decides whether to retry him for murder.
Moore is awaiting trial in Glenna's case. Her body has not been recovered, but foul play is suspected in her disappearance due to the circumstances involved.
- Stark County Sheriff's Office 330-430-3800
Updated 9 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 17, 2022; details of disappearance updated.