Hayde Beatriz Vasquez
Vasquez, circa 2004
- Missing Since 05/29/2004
- Missing From Coral Springs, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 06/22/1981 (41)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Dark-colored pants and a red long-sleeved shirt. Carrying a light-colored purse with a shoulder strap and a green computer case containing clothing.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Vasquez was born in Guatemala.
Details of Disappearance
Vasquez was driven from her home in Parkland, Florida and dropped off at a Wal-Mart store the 6000 block of Coral Ridge Drive in Coral Springs, Florida on May 29, 2004. She was planning to buy clothes in anticipation of going away for the weekend.
A security camera at Walmart shows Vasquez shopping alone and then leaving the store alone at approximately 7:00 p.m. She was supposed to call a friend to pick her up, but never did. She has never been heard from again.
Foul play is possible in Vasquez's case. She was working as a nanny for a family in the 7700 block of northwest 128th Avenue in Parkland at the time of her disappearance; she had worked there for a year and a half.
On January 2, 2004, several months months before Vasquez vanished, Monica Valdizan, another Hispanic nanny in her twenties, this one from Peru and living in Boca Raton, Florida, vanished. Her body was found three days later; she'd been beaten, raped and strangled. Her killer, Jerry Wiggins, was identified by DNA a year later and arrested. He was convicted in 2014 and sentenced to three consecutive terms of life in prison.
Valdizan reportedly bore a strong physical resemblance to Vasquez. Investigators have looked for a connection between the two cases, but have not found one, and they don't think Wiggins, who died in prison in 2017, was involved in Vasquez's disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Coral Springs Police Department 954-346-1223
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 23, 2018; details of disappearance updated.