Heidi Ann Zampell
Zampell, circa 1987
- Missing Since 06/18/1987
- Missing From Naples, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/01/1964 (58)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2, 105 - 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A maroon flower-printed shirt, a matching skirt and black shoes.
- Medical Conditions Zampell has a hearing impairment and wears hearing aids in both of her ears.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Zampell has an eight-inch scar on her lower abdomen. She has prominent collarbones. Zampell is slightly hunchbacked. Some agencies spell her first name "Hidi."
Details of Disappearance
Zampell was employed at Bathtique at the Coastland Mall in Naples, Florida in 1987. She finished her work shift at 5:00 p.m. on June 18, 1987 and asked a friend to drive her to Golden Gate, Florida. Zampell's friend told authorities that she wanted to visit Arthur Sims's residence at Golden Gate Estates. Zampell reportedly refused to explain her reasons for the visit. Sims was a minister at the Naples Independent Bible Church at the time.
Zampell's friend stated that she was dropped off at the end of the long, winding driveway towards Sims's home; she asked him to leave her there and not go up the driveway. She has never been heard from again. Sims told investigators that Zampell was not a member of his church, did not know him or his family, and did not visit his residence that day.
Authorities believe that Zampell may have been taken against her will. She does not have a history of leaving without warning, she had no current passport, and she left behind all her clothes as well as her last paycheck. At the time of her disappearance, she was carrying only her makeup bag. She has no criminal record, but her driver's license was suspended due to an unpaid speeding ticket.
Zampbell lived on Pebble Beach Circle with the family of a friend. She was close to her parents and they don't think she would have left without warning. Her case remains unsolved.
- Collier County Sheriff's Department 813-774-4434
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 7, 2022; details of disappearance updated.