Leich, circa 2007
- Missing Since 08/08/2007
- Missing From West Hanover Township, Pennsylvania
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/22/1960 (63)
- Age 47 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'6, 190 - 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue corduroy skirt and a floral-print blouse.
- Medical Conditions Leich has bipolar disorder which has previously required hospitalization. She is supposed to take medication which she may not have been taking prior to her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair. Leich is of German descent and speaks fluent German. She is a heavy smoker.
Details of Disappearance
Leich was last seen leaving her home in the 7900 block of Fishing Creek Valley Road in West Hanover Township, Pennsylvania at 7:30 p.m. on August 8, 2007. She has never been heard from again.
Leich lived with her long-term boyfriend and their adult child at the time of her disappearance. When police searched their property, they learned she had been living in "very cluttered, very dirty" conditions. Before she disappeared, there was discussion of her going to live in a Christian group home, and she was against the idea.
Investigators believe Leich was the victim of a homicide. She left her purse, medication, cigarettes and identification behind. Her boyfriend didn't appear to be concerned about her disappearance and, the day after she was last seen, he went to attend a tractor show in Ohio. He refused to take a polygraph about her case, but he has not been called a suspect.
Leich's disappearance remains unsolved.
- Pennsylvania State Police
- Harrisburg Station
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 3, 2016, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.