Hope Renee Curry
Curry, circa 2000
- Missing Since 11/11/2000
- Missing From Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 09/27/1977 (45)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'9, 115 - 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A green sweater with a black and white argyle pattern across the chest, black jeans, blue and white platform sneakers, a gold necklace with a gold "#1 MOM" pendent that has a small sapphire embedded by the #1, a silver ring with a pink stone, a silver ring on the pinky finger, a light-up watch with silver filigree band, and acyrlic fingernails.
- Medical Conditions Curry has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She also suffers from occasional seizures. She is required to take medication for the seizures, but did not have the medicine with her when she vanished. Curry is eighty percent blind in her right eye.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Curry may go by her middle name, Renee. She has grayish spots on the iris of her right eye and scars on her left eyelid.
Details of Disappearance
Curry was last seen leaving her brother's house near the 3600 block of Bancroft Drive in Virginia Beach, Virginia at approximately 9:30 p.m. on November 11, 2000. She said she was going to use a pay phone at a nearby Texaco station. She never returned and has never been heard from again.
Curry attended Green Run High School, but didn't graduate. She got into some trouble as a teenager and, after her disappearance, she was charged with drug possession.
Her baby daughter was in foster care and she was trying to get the child returned to her care. Curry's loved ones don't believe she left on her own, because she was focused on getting her daughter back.
Curry's family members are concerned for her well-being. They believe she may have suffered a seizure or some other sort of trauma, possibly resulting in loss of memory. She was reportedly a victim of mental and physical abuse prior to her disappearance. She may have traveled to the Miami, Florida area.
Curry's case remains unsolved. Some agencies state she disappeared on November 10, 2000.
- Virginia Beach Police Department 757-385-4101
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 23, 2017; picture added.