Valdez, circa 2003
- Missing Since 04/29/2003
- Missing From Van Horn, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 09/02/1974 (48)
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 155 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white shirt, black jeans, a baseball cap and black Nike Air Sole sneakers.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Red Chevrolet pickup truck (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Valdez has a small scar on the bridge of his nose and small scars on his right bicep.
Details of Disappearance
Valdez was last seen as he was leaving Gilbert's Lounge in the vicinity of the 300 block of east Broadway in Van Horn, Texas, at 2:00 a.m. on April 29, 2003. He has never been heard from again.
His red Chevrolet pickup truck was found abandoned that same day, in an open lot near the intersection of Mesquite Street and Frontage Road, along Interstate 10 in Van Horn. This was a few minutes' walking distance from the bar where he was last seen.
A witness reported seeing Valdez in a fight with four other men the night he disappeared, near where his truck was found. Authorities were able to identify all of the men, but three of them have since died. The fourth is in a Mexican prison. He's considered a fugitive from American justice; he fled to Mexico after he was convicted of child molestation charges in the United States and sentenced to 189 years in prison.
Valdez frequented the Juarez, Mexico area in 2003. He worked at a truck stop. Foul play is possible in his case.
- Culberson County Sheriff's Office 432-283-2060
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 3, 2015; clothing/jewelry description added, details of disappearance updated.