Isaac Joseph Riley
Riley, circa 1990
- Missing Since 02/06/1990
- Missing From Lutcher, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 11/12/1914 (108)
- Age 75 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'9, 126 - 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray sweater, red plaid shirt, blue pants and gray or black Sergio Valente shoes.
- Medical Conditions Riley requires medication for high blood pressure, and he doesn't have it with him. He also has mild diabetes, which is controlled through a restricted diet.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Riley's nickname is Drift. He has a nervous tic in his left eye and he wears a partial lower dental bridge.
Details of Disappearance
Riley was last seen at the Riverlands Health Care Center, a nursing facility in Lutcher, Louisiana, on February 6, 1990. He'd been living there for about nine months.
He got dressed and tried to leave the nursing home between 4:00 and 4:30 a.m., but the staff found him and made him go back to his room. When they checked between 4:45 a.m. and 5:00 a.m., he was gone and the staff notified the police. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Riley, however; he has never been heard from again.
Riley frequently took walks or rode his bicycle in the community prior to his disappearance. There were no sightings of him in the local community in the days after he vanished, however, so police don't believe he's still in the area. His case remains unsolved.
- St. James Parish Sheriff's Office 225-562-2510
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 16, 2011; casefile added.