Ivy Lynn Mantell
Mantell, circa 2011
- Missing Since 06/09/2011
- Missing From Yonkers, New York
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 07/18/1952 (70)
- Age 58 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 110 pounds
- Medical Conditions Mantell is an alcoholic. She also suffers from depression and anxiety, and she was generally in poor health at the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Mantell has scars on her nose and eyebrow. She uses a cane to walk.
Details of Disappearance
Mantell was last seen with her boyfriend in the Getty Square area of Yonkers, New York on June 9, 2011. She was homeless at the time of her disappearance and frequently stayed in women's homeless shelters.
She was previously the victim of domestic violence; she had stayed with an abusive man as an alternative to living on the streets. He once beat her so badly she had to be hospitalized, and he was jailed for several months as a result. The man has been uncooperative with the investigation, but hasn't been called a suspect in her disappearance.
Mantell hasn't had contact with her family since her disappearance. She has an autistic son who lives in an institution, and she visited him regularly. She chose to stay a transient in Yonkers rather than move in with her sister in New York City because she was afraid she would lose her rights to her son if she moved out of town. She was reported missing on July 16, five weeks after she was last seen.
Mantell usually carries a small rolling suitcase with her and may push a shopping cart. Foul play is possible in her case, which remains unsolved.
- Yonkers Police Department 914-384-6451
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 20, 2019; date of birth added.