Jackie Wayne Urich
Urich, circa 1998
- Missing Since 07/09/1998
- Missing From Westville, Oklahoma
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/25/1958 (65)
- Age 40 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'10, 150 - 170 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark-colored t-shirt, blue jeans and a Durham Construction baseball cap.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Red 1987 Ford Ranger pickup truck with the Oklahoma license plate number AIM 964 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, blue eyes. Urich has a receding hairline and a graying brown beard and mustache. He has previously broken both arms and the bridge of his nose. He has a small circular scar on his forehead.
Details of Disappearance
Urich was last seen at his family's Westville, Oklahoma home on July 9, 1998. He has never been heard from again.
Two weeks later, his red 1987 Ford Ranger pickup truck with the Oklahoma license plate number AIM 964 was found wrecked in a rural area near Coleman Road in Okfuskee County, Oklahoma. It had run into a tree.
Witnesses saw a young Caucasian male and two Caucasian females get out of the vehicle. They got a ride with a farmer to Weleetka, Oklahoma. The farmer was later interviewed by police and said the man he assisted didn't match Urich's description. There is no evidence that Urich sold or loaned his truck to anyone after his disappearance, but there were no signs of foul play in the vehicle itself.
Urich's family stated he had gotten involved with some unsavory people prior to his disappearance. They described him as a trusting, generous individual. He was a self-employed construction worker in 1998. His case remains unsolved.
- Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation 918-456-0037
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 28, 2010; alternate height and weight and clothing/jewelry description added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.