Jacob Bernard Furrer
Furrer, circa 2016
- Missing Since 04/30/2016
- Missing From Calexico, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/06/1988 (34)
- Age 27 years old
- Height and Weight 6'3, 260 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A light plaid shirt or a dark-colored t-shirt, jeans, a camouflage-print baseball cap and size 10 ankle boots with waffle stomper soles, which were too small for his feet. Carrying an olive-green knapsack, a pipe, tobacco, a cigarette lighter, a canteen of water and possibly cigarettes.
- Medical Conditions Furrer was apparently depressed, anxious and possibly suicidal at the time of his disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Furrer's nickname is Jake. He has a tattoo on his left bicep of the Chinese symbol for "dragon" and a two-inch surgical scar on his knee. Furrer shaves his head and he may have a dark brown beard. He smokes a pipe. His shoe size is 12 or 13 but he was wearing size 10 boots at the time of his disappearance, and may limp as a result.
Details of Disappearance
Furrer was last seen at a Denny's restaurant in Calexico, California on April 30, 2016. He had been there with his mother. Surveillance footage at the establishment showed him using the restroom after his mother left, and then leaving.
At 6:43 a.m. the next day, he sent his mother a text for her birthday. He has never been heard from again.
Prior to his disappearance, Furrer had worked as a combat engineer with the an Army National Guard out of El Centro, California. He worked at The Gun Shop and Border Tactical, both in El Centro, and also was a truck driver at a mine.
After a close friend died in September 2015, Furrer became depressed and anxious, and by the end of the year he'd quit all his jobs. He also gave away most of his possessions.
As Calexico is on the Mexican border, it's possible Furrer crossed into Mexico after his disappearance. It's also possible he went to Yuma, Arizona. Since his disappearance he hasn't used his Facebook account and his phone has been turned off. His case remains unsolved. El Centro police are investigating.
- El Centro Police Department
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 27, 2017; picture added.