Jake Allen Latiolais
Latiolais, circa 2010
- Missing Since 08/29/2014
- Missing From Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/17/1992 (30)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8 - 5'10, 130 - 150 pounds
- Medical Conditions Latiolais had a broken foot and right hand at the time of his disappearance. His foot was in an orthopedic boot and he was using crutches.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Pickup truck (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Latiolais has a cross-shaped scar on his left wrist. He may have a short mustache and beard. He smokes cigarettes.
Details of Disappearance
Latiolais was last seen on the Interstate 10 bridge over the Mississippi River in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on August 29, 2014. He was sitting along the bridge rail next to his pickup truck. Someone spoke to him at 2:00 a.m. and he said he was en route to West Baton Rouge, but it never arrived there.
During the early morning hours, police got an anonymous call saying someone had jumped from the bridge, 175 feet to the river below. They searched the river, but couldn't find a body; they only found Latiolais's truck, still running. His cellular phone and cigarettes were there, as was a trolling motor he'd just bought, but his wallet and crutches were missing. He has never been heard from again.
When Latiolais's mother checked his apartment, she found indications of a struggle: there were holes in the walls and a window was punched out. Many of Latiolais's belongings, including his TV set and guns, were missing. His crutches were never recovered. Latiolais's mother believes her son met with foul play and someone tried to make his disappearance look like a suicide.
Latiolais enjoyed fishing, working on cars and drawing prior to his disappearance, and had occasionally been hired to draw things on the walls of homes and businesses. He left behind a young daughter. His case remains unsolved.
- Baton Rouge Police Department 225-389-4617
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 2, 2017; casefile added.