James Charles Layne
Layne, circa 2005; Layne's tattoo
- Missing Since 06/21/2005
- Missing From Red Bank, Tennessee
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 48 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A t-shirt and blue jeans.
- Medical Conditions Layne is a brittle diabetic and uses insulin. He was also addicted to heroin in 2005.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Red hair, blue eyes. Layne has a tattoo of a panther's head in black ink on his upper left arm; a photo of it is posted with this case summary. He has three scars on his abdomen. He may have a mustache and he wears round eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Layne was last seen in Red Bank, Tennessee on June 21, 2005. He was en route to a Veterans Affairs clinic in Murfreesboro, Tennessee at the time, possibly traveling by taxi.
Layne was carrying an insulin bag at the time of his disappearance. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.
- Red Bank Police Department 423-875-0167
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 15, 2017; five pictures added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.