James Clark Creighton
Creighton, circa 2000
- Missing Since 12/24/2000
- Missing From Princess Anne, Maryland
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 09/19/1958 (64)
- Age 42 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2, 190 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A tan winter coat.
- Medical Conditions Creighton suffers from AIDS and is extremely succeptible to illness and infections as a result. He has a history of abusing drugs, particularly crack cocaine and perscription medications. He was prescribed the sleeping pill Ambien on December 23, the day before his disappearance. Creighton may have been disoriented at the time he disappeared.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair. Creighton has acne scars on his face and chest. He had a mustache at the time of his disappearance. There is a screw inserted in his right foot.
Details of Disappearance
Creighton resided in an apartment on Prince William Street in Princess Anne, Somerset County, Maryland in December 2000. On the day of his disappearance he allegedly went to a drug house, then there was an altercation there and he left.
Witnesses saw him walking in the area of Bowland Hill Circle, approximately one mile outside the city of Princess Anne. He appeared to be disoriented at the time and stated that something was going to happen which "will be bigger than you ever imagined."
Creighton's family reported him missing when he did not arrive for the scheduled Christmas dinner. When one of his friends went to his apartment, he discovered that the door was unlocked and at least two ceiling tiles had been removed inside. The apartment was otherwise in order and the only thing missing besides the ceiling tiles was a pair of black bedroom slippers.
Although Creighton has been diagnosed with AIDS and was using illegal drugs at the time of his disappearance, his family stated he was improving his lifestyle and had a steady job. Extensive searches have failed to turn up any sign of him. Police suspect he was taken against his will.
Creighton's case is unsolved. His family believes he is deceased and his disappearance is being investigated as a homicide.
- Princess Anne Police Department 410-651-1822
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 31, 2009; clothing/jewelry description added, distinguishing characteristics updated.