James Floyd Powell
Powell, circa 1993
- Missing Since 05/14/1993
- Missing From Kent, Ohio
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/24/1948 (75)
- Age 45 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 220 pounds
- Medical Conditions Powell suffered from an unspecified, debilitating illness at the time of his disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Powell has a nervous tic and his right shoulder is frozen. He has some gaps between his teeth.
Details of Disappearance
Powell was last seen at his residence in Kent, Ohio on the evening of May 14, 1993, when a friend dropped him off after a doctor's appointment. He has never been heard from again. When the friend returned to Powell's apartment the next morning, he was gone.
Valium pills, which had been prescribed to Powell, were scattered in the hallway outside the apartment. He may have been carrying $1,200 in cash at the time of his disappearance.
Powell is a Vietnam War veteran. For unspecified reasons, authorities advise people not to approach him and to dial 911 immediately if they think they've seen him. Few details are available in his case.
- Kent Police Department 330-673-7732
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 21, 2015; casefile added.