Jamison, circa 1987
- Missing Since 10/05/1987
- Missing From Burlington, Iowa
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/15/1912 (110)
- Age 75 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 220 pounds
- Medical Conditions Jamison suffers from diabetes and heart disease that have previously required hospitalization. He needs medication and is classified as disabled.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Black hair, brown eyes. Jamison may have a mustache. He wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Jamison was last seen in Burlington, Iowa on October 5, 1987. A postal carrier saw him getting into a cab with suitcases outside his mobile home in the 3100 block of Sunnyside Avenue. Prior to his disappearance, he told his friends he was going on a trip to Chicago. He has never been heard from again.
Jamison's disappearance is completely out of character and he left behind many family keepsakes. He had run up credit card debt before he disappeared. His only income came from Social Security benefits, which were directly deposited in his bank account, and he never accessed the account after his disappearance.
Jamison's wife of sixteen years died eighteen months before his disappearance, but his stepson visited him regularly. It was his stepson who discovered his disappearance, when he came to Jamison's home only to find out his stepfather had sold the mobile home and moved away abruptly.
Foul play is not suspected in Jamison's disappearance. In September 1995, a body was discovered in Florida that fit his description, but authorities were never able to verify whether or not it was him. Jamison's case remains unsolved.
- Burlington Police Department 319-753-6355
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 17, 2012; medical conditions details of disappearance updated.