James Scott Butler
Butler, circa 2003
- Missing Since 09/12/2003
- Missing From Hemet, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 09/14/1961 (61)
- Age 41 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 200 pounds
- Medical Conditions Extreme caution is advised when approaching Butler.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Butler has full sleeve tattoos on both arms, a tattoo of a woman's face on his chest, a tattoo of the word "Hemet" on his chest, a tattoo of the word "flirtin" on his back, a tattoo of skulls on his back, and a tattoo of the word "disaster" on his back. Butler's nickname is Spun and he may us the aliases Jim Parrneli and/or James Scott Taranelli.
Details of Disappearance
Butler was last seen in Hemet, California on September 12, 2003. He has never been heard from again.
On September 26, his father received a phone call from an unidentified male saying Butler had been shot and his body was left burning in a vehicle. Butler's remains have not been found, however.
Butler is a convicted felon and wanted by the police in addition to being listed as a missing person, but he is not thought to have disappeared as the result of the charges against him. His case is unsolved. He is considered to be missing under suspicious circumstances and foul play is suspected in his case.
- Riverside County Sheriff's Department 909-955-2450
- Hemet Sheriff's Station 909-791-3400
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 19, 2004.