James White Smith III
Smith, circa 2013
- Missing Since 12/08/2013
- Missing From St. Petersburg, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/14/1965 (57)
- Age 48 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5 - 6'0, 150 - 170 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description An orange shirt and black dress shorts.
- Medical Conditions Smith suffers from depression and chronic pain. He has been hospitalized for these issues in the past and has previously attempted suicide. He needs medication which was left behind. He also needs a cane to walk and he doesn't have his cane with him.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Smith has a burn scar on his neck extending from ear to ear. Both of his ankles have previously been broken.
Details of Disappearance
Smith was last seen driving away from his girlfriend's house in the vicinity of 45th Avenue north and 15th Street in St. Petersburg, Florida on December 8, 2013. He has never been heard from again. Authorities found his car at his home near 47th Avenue N, which was locked, and his wallet, medications, cellular phone and walking cane were left behind.
Investigators believe Smith could have been hospitalized under an alias name after his disappearance. Few details are available in his case.
- St. Petersburg Police Department 727-892-5000
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 11, 2015; casefile added.