Jamir Bashir Richardson
Richardson, circa 2012
- Missing Since 05/14/2012
- Missing From Wilmington, Delaware
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 08/30/1981 (41)
- Age 30 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 180 - 195 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description An orange or white shirt and blue jeans.
- Medical Conditions Richardson may have been suicidal at the time of his disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Richardson has a streak of gray hair in the center front area of his scalp, as seen in some of the photographs above. He has stretch marks on the front of both shoulders and dark skin patches, similar to a rash, on the back of both thighs. He has a round scar on the front of his right knee, similar to a vaccination scar. Richardson's nickname is Mear.
Details of Disappearance
Richardson was last seen taking his three children to day care in the 1100 block of east 7th Street in Wilmington, Delaware at 8:15 a.m. on May 14, 2012. He has never been heard from again. His truck was later found parked next to the Christina River, with his keys and cellular phone inside.
Richardson was despondent at the time of his disappearance and sent a text message to his wife indicating he was suicidal. He has no history of mental illness, but he'd recently lost his job and his family thinks he may have been depressed as a result. Police divers searched the Christina River but found no sign of him there.
Richardson was born and raised in Chester, Delaware, but lived with his wife and children in Newark, Delaware at the time of his disappearance. He worked in the construction industry.
- Wilmington Police Department 302-576-3670
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 8, 2016; distinguishing characteristics updated.