Jane Rowell Clement
Clement, circa 1963
- Missing Since 04/07/1963
- Missing From Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 100 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A pink/red and white gingham dress.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde/brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Clement was last seen at her residence in the 2700 block of Sorrel Avenue in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on April 7, 1963, the day after Easter. She called her estranged husband and asked him to baby-sit their two young children while she went to look for a job. Her husband picked the children up, and never saw or heard from his wife again.
A neighbor called Clement's brother a week later to tell him she had vanished. Clement's brother broke into her house, which was locked, and found a mildewed basket of washed clothes in the laundry room. Nothing was missing from the house except Clement's Easter clothes and the bedspread in her room.
She was a writer at the time of her disappearance; she had written several short stories and was working on a novel. Clement's case remains unsolved.
- Baton Rouge Police Department
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 6, 2009; clothing/jewelry description added.