Janice Ruth LaPlant
LaPlant, circa 2011
- Missing Since 07/25/2011
- Missing From Lincoln, Alabama
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/13/1962 (60)
- Age 49 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'6, 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A red tank top, cut-off denim shorts, light blue and white Nike sneakers, and two gold necklaces.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. LaPlant's nickname is Becky. She has a Caesarean section scar on her abdomen and two large scars on each side due to multiple surgeries on her lungs. She is missing one front tooth.
Details of Disappearance
LaPlant was last seen at her residence in Lincoln Manor Apartments in Lincoln, Alabama on July 25, 2011. That day she had been drinking and having a cookout with neighbors in the complex parking lot. When the group needed more beer, LaPlant and her former brother-in-law said they would walk to a local gas station to buy more.
LaPlant's brother-in-law returned to the apartment complex alone, and said she had told him to go ahead without her after she met someone she knew at the gas station. He said he thought her friend was going to give her a ride back to the complex. She never arrived home and has never been heard from again. Her boyfriend reported her missing on August 10.
There has been no activity on LaPlant's bank account since she went missing. After she disappeared, her first disability check arrived; it was never cashed. The check was for a substantial amount of money, as it included back payments.
The circumstances of LaPlant's disappearance are unclear. Her case remains unsolved.
- Lincoln Police Department 205-763-7777
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 29, 2023; casefile added.