Janteyl Danielle Johnson
Janteyl, circa 2010; Age-progression to age 23 (circa 2017)
- Missing Since 02/03/2010
- Missing From Newark, Delaware
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 09/08/1994 (28)
- Age 15 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2, 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A short black ski jacket with a fur-trimmed hood.
- Medical Conditions Janteyl was five months pregnant at the time of her disappearance and may be in need of medical attention.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Janteyl's hair was in braids at the time of her disappearance, and her ears are pierced. Her nicknames are Jay and Puff. She has a scar on her chin under her lip and scars on her legs. She needs eyeglasses or contact lenses but wasn't wearing either at the time of her disappearance. Janteyl's first name is pronounced "Jon-tel."
Details of Disappearance
Janteyl disappeared from Newark, Delaware on February 3, 2010. She left school early that day because she didn't feel well. She apparently did arrive at her family's home at Autumn Park Apartments in the 30 block of Winterhaven Drive, but when her brother came to pick her up, she was gone. Her mother reported her missing at 10:00 p.m.
The apartment door was unlocked and there was no indication of forced entry or a struggle. Nothing was missing, not even Janteyl's eyeglasses, purse or winter clothes. Her family believes she left the apartment voluntarily, intending to be back soon, but something prevented her from returning.
The last call to Janteyl's cellular phone was from the father of her unborn child, a 26-year-old man who has not been publicly named, and her phone last pinged near the man's mother's house. This individual has been interviewed by police and hasn't been named as a suspect in her case.
Her family stated they had accepted Janteyl's pregnancy and were supportive of her decision to keep the baby, and they don't believe she ran away from home. She had run away from home one time before, but had returned home very quickly.
She may still be in the local area, or she may be in Wilmington, Delaware; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Maryland or New York. She may be in the company of an adult male. Her case remains unsolved.
- New Castle County Police Department 302-395-8171
Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 7, 2019; age-progression updated.