Hamrick, circa 2001
- Missing Since 12/11/2001
- Missing From Newport, Oregon
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 20 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'8, 150 - 160 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) 40-foot crabbing vessel called Nesika
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Hamrick was last seen aboard the 40-foot crabbing vessel Nesika on December 11, 2001. The boat capsized in the Pacific Ocean half a mile offshore, one mile west of Yaquina Head, and ran aground on Beverly Beach north of Newport, Oregon.
Four fishermen were lost: Hamrick, Steven Langlot, Robert Thompson and Benjamin Eder. Only Langlot's body was recovered; the other three men have never been found. They are presumed lost at sea.
Photographs of Thompson are unavailable. He was 40 years old at the time of his disappearance. Further descriptive details are unavailable.
- Oregon State Police 541-265-5354
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 26, 2014; casefile added.