Jasmine Sherea Moody
Moody, circa 2014
- Missing Since 12/04/2014
- Missing From Detroit, Michigan
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Age 18 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'5, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white hooded sweatshirt with "University of Texas Women's College" in burgundy lettering on the front, blue jeans and brown boots. She was carrying her purse and cellular phone.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Moody's tongue and nose are pierced. She has a tattoo of a white jasmine flower on her abdomen.
Details of Disappearance
Moody, a freshman at Texas Woman's University, flew to Detroit, Michigan on November 25, 2014 to visit a female friend, Brittany Gurley. They had met on social media a few months earlier. The extent of their relationship is unclear; Moody's mother says it was only a platonic friendship, but police believe Moody and Gurley may have been romantically involved.
Moody was last seen in Detroit on December 4, 2014. Gurley stated they got into an argument that night and Moody walked out of the residence, which was in the 3700 block of Baldwin, at 7:30 p.m. She left most of her belongings behind, including her phone, purse, identification and coat, and she was underdressed for the bitterly cold winter weather. She has never been heard from again.
Moody disappeared the night before she was supposed to take a bus back to Texas. Her family stated it's uncharacteristic of her to be out of touch with them or leave without warning, and they believe foul play could have been involved in her case. She was unfamiliar with the neighborhood and it was a high-crime area; it's possible she was abducted. Her family, however, believes Gurley knows more about Moody's disappearance than she has disclosed.
Moody is originally from Arkansas. She graduated O.D. Wyatt High School in Fort Worth, Texas. At college she was a straight-A student, danced, and was in the school ROTC program. Her disappearance remains unsolved.
- Detroit Police Department 313-596-2221
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 27, 2018; picture added, details of disappearance updated.