Jason Martin Glazier
Glazier, circa 2016
- Missing Since 05/28/2016
- Missing From Los Angeles, California
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/11/1962 (60)
- Age 53 years old
- Height and Weight 6'3, 190 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue t-shirt and blue jeans.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Four-seater, single-engine Cessna 172N airplane with the tail number N739ZE
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Glazier was last seen on Catalina Island off the coast of Los Angeles, California at 1:00 p.m. on May 28, 2016. He was a flight instructor and he took off from the Catalina Island airport with his student, Edmond Haronian, in a four-seater, single-engine Cessna 172N with the tail number N739ZE. The plane was supposed to land at Van Nuys Airport, but it never did.
Radar data indicated the plane flew north from Catalina Island. Three minutes after takeoff, when the plane was five miles away from the Catalina Airport, tracking capability was lost. The plane's transponder was turned off, so there is no altitude information.
Neither man was ever seen again and their plane has not been found, although searchers did see an oil slick in the water in about the same place the plane disappeared from radar.
In 2018, Haronian's two sons and his stepson sued Encore Flight Corp. and Encore Flight Academy, Glazier's employers, and Libra Air Inc., the plane's owner, seeking unspecified damages for Haronian's wrongful death. The plaintiffs argued that Glazier had a history of flying recklessly and had a long criminal record, with arrests for offenses ranging from grand theft to attempted murder. The outcome of the lawsuit is unknown.
A death certificate has been issued for Haronian, but Glazier has not been declared dead and is still considered a missing person. Both men's cases remain unsolved.
- Los Angeles Police Department 213-996-1800
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 21, 2019; casefile added.