Jason Scott Adkins
Adkins, circa 1999
- Missing Since 01/18/1999
- Missing From Huntington, West Virginia
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/01/1975 (48)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A brown leather jacket, coveralls, blue jeans, wading boots and possibly Nike sneakers inside the boots.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Adkins has an appendectomy scar on his abdomen, a small bump on the top of his nose and dimples. He has previously broken his leg and he had had root canals in one or two of his teeth. He goes by his middle name, Scott.
Details of Disappearance
Adkins was last seen fishing on the Ohio River in Huntington, West Virginia. He was accompanied by his brother, Lonnie Stamper. The men's boat capsized on the river that day after experiencing engine trouble. Stamper was rescued, but Adkins disappeared and has never been heard from again.
Adkins was behind in his child support at the time of his disappearance, and authorities suggested he might have faked his death in order to get out of his obligations. However, his family did not believe he would have done that, and he was only $200 behind in his support payments. No trace of Adkins or his remains were located in the river, and it is unclear whether he drowned.
Texas authorities are assisting with the investigation into Adkins's disappearance. He resided in West Virginia in 1999.
- Huntington Police Department 304-696-5560
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 1, 2008; picture added.