Jeffrey Lynn Smith
Jeffrey, circa 1985; Age-progression to age 38 (circa 2007)
- Missing Since 12/04/1985
- Missing From Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 10/12/1969 (53)
- Age 16 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 110 - 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A brown jacket, pink pants and brown shoes.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Jeffrey goes by her middle name, Lynn, and some agencies refer to her as Lynn Smith. Her ears are pierced and she has a mole on the right side of her chin.
Details of Disappearance
Jeffrey was last seen walking home from school with her boyfriend on Silver Street in Hot Springs, Arkansas on December 4, 1985. They were a few blocks from her home. She never arrived at home and has never been heard from again.
Jeffrey was wearing a gold ring with an opal stone at the time of her disappearance; she had gotten it for her birthday and her sister says she cherished it and never took it off. Jeffrey's boyfriend pawned the ring after her disappearance.
Her sister stated the boyfriend was abusive towards Jeffrey and that she had wanted to end the relationship. The boyfriend was later imprisoned for assaulting another girlfriend. He has never been charged in Jeffrey's case.
Jeffrey was originally thought to be a runaway, but now other theories are being considered in her disappearance. Investigators have identified a person of interest in her case, but it remains unsolved.
- Hot Springs Police Department 501-321-6789
Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 30, 2016; details of disappearance updated.