Jeffrey Michael Bratcher
Jeffrey, age 5 (circa 1972, two years before his disappearance); Jeffrey, circa 1974; Age-progression to age 48 (circa 2015)
- Missing Since 06/15/1974
- Missing From Ocean Shores, Washington
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/01/1967 (56)
- Age 7 years old
- Height and Weight 3'9, 45 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue denim jacket, a white football jersey with the number 33, multicolored plaid pants, a blue denim sailor's cap and white sneakers with no socks.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Sandy brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Jeffrey was visiting his father and stepmother in Ocean Shores, Washington on June 15, 1974. His mother in Mesquite, Texas had custody of him at the time, and had brought him and his siblings up to Washington.
Jeffrey was playing with five other children in a section of the park during the day; they were told that dinner would be prepared at 7:00 p.m. and they were to return to the adults' area at that time. Jeffrey told the other children that he would take a different trail back to the picnic area when dinner time arrived and separated from the group. The picnic area was about 150 feet from the shore. He was never seen again.
An extensive police search of the park area yielded few clues as to what happened to Jeffrey. Search dogs may have located his scent leading up to the park's entrance, but it disappeared at the edge of the pavement. Authorities believe Jeffrey was either abducted, or fell into the ocean and was swept out to sea. His case remains unsolved.
- Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office 360-249-3711
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 30, 2016; age-progression updated.