Cahill-Shadle, circa 2014
- Missing Since 05/15/2014
- Missing From State College, Pennsylvania
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/09/1956 (67)
- Age 48 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 105 - 115 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A light-colored v-neck t-shirt, capri pants and black shoes. Carrying a black shoulder bag.
- Medical Conditions Cahill-Shadle is an alcoholic.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Cahill-Shadle's nickname is Jenny. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Cahill-Shadle was last seen leaving a Wal-Mart store on north Atherton Street in State College, Pennsylvania at 4:51 p.m. on May 15, 2014. She was supposed to meet her daughter and husband later in the day so they could give her a new credit card, but she never arrived there.
She may have been seen at Simply Tan in the same shopping plaza between 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. The business's owner stated she came in, soaking wet, and saying she had lost her wallet, and the owner and two employees tried to help her find it but they were unable to locate it. She has never been heard from again.
Cahill-Shadle had lived in Ferguson Township, Pennsylvania until November 2013, when she moved in with her mother in Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania. In late April 2014, she moved to the State College area to be closer to her three children. She didn't have a permanent address and was staying with a friend and at hotels, including the Quality Inn and the Rodeway Inn. She didn't have a car and usually walked places or took a taxi, and she used the Mega Bus for trips outside the area.
Cahill-Shadle's estranged husband told the police that she had checked into a rehabilitation center for her alcoholism, something that turned out to be untrue. She also didn't have a cellular phone, credit card, extra clothes or any money when she disappeared, and her loved ones don't believe she would have left of her own accord.
She was in the process of a contested divorce when she disappeared, and her husband was supposed to pay her $5,000 a month. Her husband is considered a person of interest in her disappearance and took a lie detector test, and police searched his property for her remains, but found nothing.
Ferguson Township police are investigating Cahill-Shadle's case. Her disappearance remains unsolved.
- Ferguson Township Police Department 814-237-1172
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 7, 2018; clothing/jewelry description updated.