Jennifer Kabura Mbugua
Mbugua, circa 2014
- Missing Since 05/27/2014
- Missing From Fall River, Massachusetts
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 08/15/1982 (40)
- Age 31 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 140 pounds
- Medical Conditions Mbugua may be suffering from depression.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Gray Toyota Camry (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Mbugua is a native of Kenya.
Details of Disappearance
Mbugua was last seen by a neighbor outside her apartment building in the 500 block of south Main Street in Fall River, Massachusetts, on May 27, 2014. The neighbor saw her inside her car, shuffling papers. She left all her belongings behind, including her wallet and driver's license, has never been heard from again.
On May 28, her gray Toyota Camry was found abandoned behind a Shell gas station off Route 1 in North Attleboro, Massachusetts, near Route 295. It had apparently been left there between midnight and 3:00 a.m. Her keys and one of her sandals were in a nearby dumpster.
Mbugua was born in Kenya and moved to Massachusetts in 2001. First she lived in the city of Taunton, then she moved to Fall River in 2012. Two of her sisters also live in Massachusetts and the rest of her family lives in Kenya.
She worked as a licensed practical nurse at various nursing homes at the time of her disappearance, but was considering a career change. She enjoys reading, writing, music and nature, particularly the beach, and she was involved in her church. Her case remains unsolved.
- North Attleboro Police Department 508-695-1212
- Fall River Police Department 508-676-8511
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 25, 2017; casefile added.