Jennifer Lee Martin
Jennifer, circa 1987; Age-progression to age 42 (circa 2017)
- Missing Since 06/28/1987
- Missing From Reno, Nevada
- Classification Non-Family Abduction
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/14/1976 (47)
- Age 11 years old
- Height and Weight 4'6, 49 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A grayish-purple sweatshirt dress, and no shoes.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Light-colored Toyota Corolla
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Jennifer has facial freckles, two small hairline scars on the underside of her chin, and a star-shaped scar on the inside of her upper right arm. She has several white bumps on her back and a "coffee stain" type birthmark on her right hip. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Jennifer was last seen at approximately 3:00 p.m. in the Lemmon Valley area of Reno, Nevada on June 28, 1987. She bought candy and a soda a 7-11 convenience store on Lemmon Valley Drive and disappeared while walking away from the business towards her home on Surge Street, just a few hundred feet away.
Jennifer should have arrived home in less than five minutes, but she never did. When twenty minutes passed and she hadn't come back, her older brother went to the 7-11 to look for her, and couldn't find her. She has never been heard from again.
Authorities treated Jennifer's disappearance as a possible abduction from the onset of the investigation. A white pickup truck seen in the area at the time was eventually accounted for, but witnesses also saw a light-colored Toyota Corolla that was never identified. It's unclear whether the vehicle had anything to do with her disappearance.
Jennifer is described as an independent child who was capable of asserting herself around adults and wouldn't have willingly gone into a stranger's car. Her family had moved to Nevada from Clearwater, Florida ten months earlier, and she seemed to be settling in well. She had no history of running away from home, and she was cautious and always let her family know where she was.
No strong suspects have ever been identified in Jennifer's disappearance; it remains unsolved. Her mother has kept the same phone number the family had in 1987, hoping Jennifer might call home someday.
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 1, 2018; age-progression and details of disappearance updated.