Jennifer Marie Sanchez
Sanchez, circa 2018; Tattoo on Sanchez's upper arm; Tattoo on Sanchez's ear; Joey Sanchez
- Missing Since 09/07/2018
- Missing From Houston, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Age 29 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0, 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black shirt, black leggings, and sandals. Carrying a black purse.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Jennifer has the following tattoos: the names of her six sons (Steven, Adrian, Joshua, Noah, Justin and Eddie) tattooed on her ankles with three on each ankle, the outline of the Hellow Kitty logo on her wrist, a tribal band on her left upper arm, the name "Ethan" on the back of her shoulder, and a flower on one of her ears. Photos of some of her tattoos are posted with this case summary. She may use the last name Jilote.
Details of Disappearance
Jennifer was last seen in Houston, Texas on September 7, 2018. That night she left her apartment near Martin Street and Shepherd Drive. When her teenage son, who lived with her, asked where she was going so late, she just told him she'd be back.
Surveillance video at the apartment complex showed that Jennifer left with her husband, Joey Sanchez. She had claimed he was physically abusive towards her and filed a restraining order against him, so it's not clear why she went anywhere with him. At the time of her disappearance, he was four days from a scheduled court date on a domestic violence charge regarding a November 2017 incident where he allegedly assaulted her at a bar. He had been trying to get Jennifer to drop the case against him.
Jennifer and Joey went to a bar after she left her apartment. They were seen there at about 2:00 a.m., between fifteen and thirty minutes later. She never returned home and has never been heard from again.
Authorities searched Joey's car after Jennifer's disappearance and found bloodstains and other items matching her DNA, as well as evidence that someone had tried to clean up with bleach. A week after Jennifer was last seen, Joey was charged with capital murder in her case. He is awaiting trial. A photo of him is posted with this case summary.
Although Jennifer's body has never been located, foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.
- Houston Police Department 832-394-1872
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 5, 2023; casefile added.