Jeramy Carl Burt
Burt, circa 2007
- Missing Since 02/11/2007
- Missing From Boise, Idaho
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/18/1973 (49)
- Age 33 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2, 197 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark-colored turtleneck and Levi's jeans.
- Medical Conditions Burt was diagnosed with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as a child.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Red Mercury Cougar (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Burt has a scar on his knee and a two-inch scar on the left side of his chest. He wore a goatee at the time of his February 2007 disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Burt was last seen in the 2200 block of Hervey Street in Boise, Idaho at 10:30 p.m. on February 11, 2007. He left his father's house and was en route to a friend's home, but never arrived there.
Shortly after his disappearance, Burt's ex-wife, Kim George, got a text message from Burt's cellular phone, stating he planned to disappear and was moving to a new address and getting a new life. Based on the wording of the messages and the context, George didn't believe the text messages were actually from him. He has never been heard from again.
In May 2007, the red Mercury Cougar Burt had been driving at the time of his disappearance was found abandoned and burned in an extremely remote desert area in the Owyhee Desert in southwest Idaho, 45 miles north of the Nevada state line. The vehicle belonged to George. Authorities searched the car, but found no evidence as to his whereabouts.
At the time of his disappearance, Burt was living with his father and his baby daughter. He had had an affair with his attorney, Jeannie I. Braun, and tape-recorded conversations with her about illegal activity Braun was involved in.
Another individual was also secretly recording Braun, and the evidence came to the attention of the police. As a result, Braun was charged with several felonies and disbarred. Burt testified against her before a grand jury in 2004. It's unclear whether she had anything to do with Burt's disappearance, but she claims they hadn't been in touch for months prior to the time he went missing.
George and Burt were on very good terms in 2007, despite their divorce. She remarried after Burt's disappearance, and died in 2016.
Although no evidence has surfaced to connect the two cases, it's worth noting that Burt and Ahren Bernard had some mutual acquaintances. Barnard disappeared from Boise in 2004 and has never been located.
Burt's family doesn't believe he would have abandoned his daughter; they fear for his safety and believe he may be dead. Foul play is suspected in Burt's case, which remains unsolved.
- Boise Police Department 208-570-6290
Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 26, 2018; picture and medical conditions added, details of disappearance updated.