Jerome Clements Charles
Charles, circa 1984
- Missing Since 06/02/1984
- Missing From Eugene, Oregon
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Native American
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue and tan shirt and tan pants.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Native American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Charles has a tattoo on his upper right arm. He has scars on his forehead, left arm, upper right arm, right hand, and near his right eye. He was previously shot in the left ankle.
Details of Disappearance
Charles was last seen in Eugene, Oregon on June 2, 1984. He left his father's west 3rd Street residence, saying he was going for a walk and would be back in about two hours. He has never been heard from again.
Charles was on parole at the time of his disappearance; he had served one year of a four-year sentence for theft and was released from the Oregon State Penitentiary seventeen months before he went missing.
His family was somewhat notorious in the area, and considered among the most dangerous in the state. His nine siblings and now-deceased parents all have substantial criminal records, including convictions for violent crimes. All of them have been in jail, and all of the children have been in prison. Three of his brothers were convicted of murder, two of them while they were still minors.
Investigators believe Charles is deceased. His father believed the police had probably murdered him. His disappearance remains unsolved and no suspects have been named in his case.
- Eugene Police Department 541-682-5165
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 27, 2018; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.