Jerry Lee McKoen
McKoen, circa 2002; McKoen's truck
- Missing Since 09/21/2002
- Missing From Malin, Oregon
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/12/1954 (69)
- Age 48 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 180 - 190 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Brown and white 1986 GMC pickup truck with the Oregon license plate number QLB-429 and a distinctive camper shell that runs the length of the truck's bed, Honda 185XL motorcycle
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, hazel eyes.
Details of Disappearance
McKoen was last seen at approximately 5:30 a.m. on September 21, 2002 at his residence in the vicinity of the 24200 block of Old Malin Highway in Malin, Oregon. He lived on the family farm and would usually leave a note for his family when he went anywhere, but that day he didn't.
He drove away from the home in his brown and white 1986 GMC pickup truck with the Oregon license plate number QLB-429. The truck has a distinctive camper shell that runs the length of the bed, with a Honda 185XL motorcycle beside the canopy. A photograph of the truck is posted with this case summary.
McKoen was planning on going hunting with a bow and arrows. He never returned home and has never been heard from again.
His truck was later located on October 8, two weeks after his disappearance, just west of Medicine Lake Road in a heavily wooded area south of Door Knob Snowmobile Park in Siskiyou County, California. The radio was turned off and the heater was on high, and the truck was locked, which is uncharacteristic of him. There was no sign of him at the scene and his case remains unsolved.
- Klamath County Sheriff's Office 541-883-5130
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 22, 2019; details of disappearance updated.