Jesse Jerome Leopold
Leopold, circa 2016; Leopold's truck
- Missing Since 10/13/2016
- Missing From Jewell, Iowa
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/01/1993 (30)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 6'1, 185 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue shirt, blue jeans and no shoes.
- Medical Conditions Leopold suffers from bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety and needs medication to control his conditions.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Purple Ford F-150 pickup truck with Iowa license plates (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Leopold was last seen in Jewell, Iowa on October 13, 2016. He was working his shift at W&G Marketing, a meat processing plant, when he left at 6:30 p.m. before his lunch break, telling his supervisor he needed to go get his medication. He never returned to work and has never been heard from again. He left behind his street shoes, wallet, sunglasses and cigarettes.
On October 16, Leopold's truck was found on Canyon Road in Ledges State Park. It was unlocked, with the keys in the ignition, and Jesse's work boots were in the back of the truck. A photo of the truck is posted with this case summary; it's a purple Ford F-150 with Iowa license plates. It's uncharacteristic of Leopold to leave his truck like that; he always locked it. The truck had been there since at least October 15; it was issued a parking warning that day.
In the years prior to his disappearance, Leopold had been to the hospital emergency room several times, and blood tests showed he was taking drugs other than those prescribed to him. His father believes he may have been self-medicating with drugs he bought on the street.
Leopold's family believes a mental breakdown may have caused his disappearance, but there have also been rumors of foul play and possible drug involvement in his case. There has been no activity on his cellular phone or bank account since his disappearance, His family believes he's no longer alive. His case remains unsolved.
- Boone County Sheriff's Office 515-433-0524
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 23, 2019; middle name added, details of disappearance updated.