Jesse Warren Ross
Ross, circa 2006; Age-progression to age 30 (circa 2017)
- Missing Since 11/21/2006
- Missing From Chicago, Illinois
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/18/1987 (36)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt, a green warm-up jacket, blue jeans and black sneakers.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Red hair, blue eyes. Ross wears eyeglasses with dark-colored wire frames. He has a freckled complexion. His radio name is Opie Cunningham.
Details of Disappearance
Ross was last seen at approximately 2:30 a.m. on November 21, 2006 leaving a meeting at the Sheraton hotel in the vicinity of the 300 block of east North Water Street in Chicago, Illinois. He was a sophomore communications major at the University of Missouri at Kansas City at the time of his disappearance, and had traveled to Chicago with other students to participate in a model United Nations program.
Surveillance cameras at the hotel showed Ross walking out of the building. He did not appear to be intoxicated at the time. The walk from that hotel to the one he was staying in was only ten minutes, well-lit and monitored by cameras, but none of the cameras recorded Ross. He has never been heard from again.
Ross was well-liked at college and was known as a driven, enthusiastic young man. He did an unpaid internship at a Kansas City radio station, 95.7 The Vibe, prior to his disappearance and was so successful that he was promoted to a paid position; he was a popular personality on the station's "Shorty and the Boyz" morning show. His radio name was Opie Cunningham.
He was not having any personal problems at the time he went missing, and his loved ones are puzzled by his disappearance. There has been no activity on his cellular phone or credit cards since he was last seen. His case remains unsolved.
- Chicago Police Department 312-744-8266
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 20, 2018; age-progression updated.