Jessica Diane Vanzant Dietzel
Dietzel, circa 2020; Dietzel's tattoos
- Missing Since 02/18/2020
- Missing From Albany, Georgia
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/23/1997 (25)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 150 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair. Dietzel has the following tattoos: the name "Elena" and a butterfly on the upper left side of her chest, the words "Kenny Man" on the upper right side of her chest, writing on the side of her ribcage, an arrow in the center of her upper back, a heart between her left thumb and index finger, stars on her thigh, and the words "Perfectly Flawed" on her thigh. Photos of the tattoos are posted with this case summary. Dietzel's ears, lip and nose are pierced. Her natural hair color is brown.
Details of Disappearance
Dietzel was last seen in Albany, Georgia on February 18, 2020. That day she logged into her Facebook Messenger account with a friend, Gary Potter's, cellular phone; she didn't have her own phone and used other people's often. Police later tracked the login to somewhere near Five Points Inn. She has never been heard from again. She was reported missing by her mother on March 1.
After Dietzel's disappearance, police searched Potter's house and seized some of his property, including his truck. They found some hair that could have been Dietzel's, but they have yet to establish that. Potter claimed he did not know Dietzel and refused to answer any more questions without an attorney. Authorities also interviewed another man, Stephen Etherton, and his girlfriend, and stated Etherton was a person of interest in the case.
Prior to her disappearance, Dietzel had made a comment about getting in over her head and being scared. Authorities believe she was involved with dangerous individuals. Her case remains unsolved.
- Lee County Sheriff's Office 229-759-6034
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 22, 2021; casefile added.