Barnes, circa 2000
- Missing Since 07/07/2000
- Missing From West Point, Mississippi
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 07/24/1971 (51)
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt and a blue denim dress or jumper.
- Medical Conditions Barnes is mentally disabled. She can't remember names or numbers very well and has a very trusting nature as a result of her disability.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Barnes has a bite mark on her neck, a scar just below her right knee, and a burn scar on her lower back. Her nickname is Little Jessie.
Details of Disappearance
Barnes was last seen late in the afternoon of July 7, 2000, at a family member's home in the vicinity of the 800 block of Little Street in West Point, Mississippi. She was reported missing ten days after she was last seen; her family became concerned after her grandmother died and Barnes didn't attend the funeral. She has never been heard from again.
Barnes left behind a young daughter. Although it wasn't unusual for her to drop out of sight for a few days, she was never gone for very long. Before she went missing, she told her sister a man had threatened her with a knife. She was unable to remember the man's name, however, and it's unclear whether the incident was related to her later disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- West Point Police Department 662-494-1244
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 3, 2013; details of disappearance updated.