Jessie Grace Rubio-Montejano
Rubio-Montejano, circa 2016; Tattoos on Rubio-Montejano's breasts
- Missing Since 06/23/2016
- Missing From Wenatchee, Washington
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/28/1992 (30)
- Age 24 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 160 pounds
- Medical Conditions Rubio-Montejano has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder. She has also had issues with drug and alcohol abuse. She's classified as a dependent adult.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Rubio-Montejano's nickname is Jess, and she frequently uses the last name Moore. Her hair was cut short and partially shaved at the time of her disappearance, and had the letters "SIC" shaved into it. Her ears are pierced multiple times each. Rubio-Montejano has the following tattoos: two footprints and a butterfly on her left breast, four stars and the names "Jonah" and "Kaylyn" on her right breast, the name "Jonah" on the outside of her right forearm, and the name "Kaylyn" on her shoulder. The breast tattoos are usually visible when she wears street clothes; photos of them are posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Rubio-Montejano was last seen in the vicinity of south Wenatchee Avenue and Ferry Street in Wenatchee, Washington at 6:30 p.m. on June 23, 2016. A witness said they saw a woman resembling her getting into a dark-colored car, possibly a late 1980s model Buick, with a Hispanic male; however, the witness later recanted their statement. She has never been heard from again.
Rubio-Montejano left behind two young sons. Her family stated she was vulnerable due to her mental conditions, and had occasionally been homeless. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning; she kept in regular touch with her mother, and stopped by her family's home on a regular basis. Authorities don't believe she could have survived on her own, without help from her mother, for long.
The last time Rubio-Montejano's mother talked to her was on June 20, three days before her disappearance. She was at Catholic Family Services with a counselor at the time, and the counselor said she was manic. For unclear reasons, she had cut her hair off and partially shaved her head shortly before her disappearance, and shaved the initials "SIC" into it. Her family doesn't know what the initials meant.
Her cellular phone and food stamp card have not been used since she was last seen. Her wallet was located by someone and mailed to her mother's address. Police stated they're investigating her case as a probable homicide. Her case remains unsolved.
- Wenatchee Police Department 509-888-4251
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 8, 2021; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.