Joe Max Long
Long, circa 2001
- Missing Since 02/11/2001
- Missing From Thibodaux, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/06/1958 (64)
- Age 42 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 140 pounds
- Medical Conditions Long is diabetic and insulin-dependent; he requires two injections a day.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Sandy brown hair, blue eyes. Long's nickname is Joey. He has a scar on his left thigh and he has no teeth; he wears dentures. Long smoked Doral cigarettes in 2001.
Details of Disappearance
Long was last seen in Thibodaux, Louisiana on February 11, 2001. He has never been heard from again. His dentures, clothing, shoes, insulin, wallet and all his other personal belongs were left behind at his home, as well as his vehicle and $2,000 in cash.
Long ex-wife had cancer and, prior to his disappearance, he had moved in with her to help take care of her. She died in January 2001, the month prior to his disappearance, and the children went to live with their maternal aunt. They realized Long was missing on February 13, when he failed to return several phone calls.
Although Long was grieving over his ex-wife's death, his family stated he wasn't unusually distressed over it. The circumstances surrounding his disappearance are unclear.
- Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office 985-532-4332
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 1, 2013; details of disappearance updated.