John Chocha Jr.
Chocha, circa 1969
- Missing Since 05/01/1969
- Missing From Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 54 years old
- Height and Weight 6'0, 145 - 173 pounds
- Medical Conditions Chocha suffers from paranoid schizophrenia.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Chocha was confined to the Harrisburg State Mental Hospital in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in 1969, but he had privileges to go off campus and visit the town. His sister visited him sometime during May or June of that year.
A few weeks later, Chocha's wife called the hospital to say she was visiting him, and was told that he had disappeared. No one had informed his relatives of this beforehand.
Chocha has never been heard from again. There has been no activity on his Social Security number since his disappearance. He was declared legally dead seven years after he vanished, but few details are available in his case and it remains unsolved.
- Pennsylvania State Police 717-671-7500
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 20, 2012; height added, distinguishing characteristics updated.