Davis, circa 2002
- Missing Since 07/07/2002
- Missing From Wendell, Idaho
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/13/1921 (102)
- Age 81 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 146 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description White pants.
- Medical Conditions Davis has Alzheimer's Disease.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, blue eyes. Davis is balding. He speaks with a strong eastern accent. Davis has a snake tattoo on each leg and a tattoo of a bird on his right arm.
Details of Disappearance
Davis was last seen in Wendell, Idaho on July 7, 2002. He was living at Magic Valley Manor, an assisted living facility, at the time of his disappearance. He had moved there in September 2001.
He wandered away from the facility at least a dozen times before his July 2002 disappearance, and the administrator had suggested he be moved elsewhere, but Davis was always located or returned voluntarily after a short time period. After going missing on July 7, 2002, he was never heard from again.
The state of Idaho attempted to revoke Magic Valley Manor's license after Davis went missing, but it was allowed to remain open and is open still.
Davis's family believes he is deceased and, in 2007, they had him declared legally dead. In January 2008, his two stepsons sued Northwest Bec-Corp, Magic Valley Manor's parent company, over his disappearance. His stepsons alleged the company and the facility failed to comply with state and federal regulations and failed to ensure Davis's safety.
Davis may have traveled to California after his disappearance. He often claimed to be a painter. His case remains unsolved.
- Wendell Police Department 208-536-2935
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 16, 2008; details of disappearance updated.