John Paul Skirta
Skirta, circa 2001
- Missing Since 11/10/2001
- Missing From Palm Harbor, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/27/1958 (65)
- Age 43 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 155 pounds
- Medical Conditions Skirta was prescribed medication for depression when he disappeared. He did not take the medicine with him.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Wavy brown hair, brown eyes. Skirta wears eyeglasses, but he did not have them with him when he vanished.
Details of Disappearance
Skirta was last seen by his father at the home they shared in the vicinity of the 3360 block of Pattie Place between 12:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. on November 10, 2001.
At 7:30 a.m. Skirta's father woke up and found the back door slightly ajar and his son missing. He has never been heard from again. He did not take any identification, money, or his bicycle or eyeglasses when he disappeared.
Bloodhounds traced Skirta's scent out the back door of the residence to the mailbox, but the trail was lost there. His father said that before his disappearance, he seemed very withdrawn.
Skirta is described as well-read and intelligent but ill at ease with people. He has worked various jobs, including as a volunteer at the snack bar at Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital, but has never stayed at any one job for very long. Skirta's case remains unsolved.
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Office 727-582-6200
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 18, 2005.