John Thomas Watson
Watson, circa 2015
- Missing Since 08/07/2015
- Missing From Walton County, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/22/1977 (45)
- Age 38 years old
- Height and Weight 6'3, 200 - 230 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black tank top and khaki shorts.
- Medical Conditions Watson suffers from seizures. He was not taking any medication for them at the time of his disappearance, however.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Black 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Watson goes by his initials, JT. He has the following tattoos: a star, a steer skull, a rattlesnake, a dot and a mushroom on his left arm, a heart and names on the left side of his chest, the letters "TAZ" on the right side of his chest, a broken heart, a cross and praying hands on his right arm, and an Iron Cross with a heart and a ribbon with a name on his right leg.
Details of Disappearance
Watson was last seen in Defuniak Springs, Florida on August 7, 2015. He has never been heard from again. He had been released from prison on July 1, and after that had stayed with family and occasionally in local motels. He checked into the Adams Motel in Defuniak Springs the night he was last seen, but it's unclear whether he actually slept there.
The month he went missing, Watson purchased two used vehicles. He was driving a black 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage at the time of his disappearance. Since his disappearance, Watson hasn't used his bank account or EBT (electronic benefits transfer) card, or gone to his place of employment or his doctor's appointments.
Because he was under conditional release when he went missing, he's classified as an absconder in addition to being a missing person. His case remains unsolved.
- Walton County Sheriff's Office 850-892-8186
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 27, 2019; distinguishing characteristics updated.