Johnny Lamar Brown
Brown, circa 2012; Brown on the day he disappeared
- Missing Since 08/05/2012
- Missing From Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 10/05/1968 (54)
- Age 43 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'7, 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A white polo shirt with green and brown horizontal stripes, beige cargo pants, black socks and black slip-on sandals. A photo of Brown in these clothes is posted with this case summary.
- Medical Conditions Brown is a dependent adult. He gets confused easily, is frightened of thunder and lightning, and doesn't like to be touched or approached quickly. He also has a severe speech impediment that makes it difficult for others to understand him.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Brown's nickname is JB.
Details of Disappearance
Brown is from Cartersville, Georgia. He and his family were visiting Myrtle Beach, South Carolina at the time of his disappearance on August 5, 2012. They were staying at the Sea Crest hotel in the 800 block of south Ocean Boulevard.
Brown walked away from his hotel and was last seen talking to a woman near an ice cream shop. He has never been heard from again. It was the first vacation outside of Georgia he'd ever been on, so he was unfamiliar with the area.
Brown left his wallet and other belongings behind when he vanished, and he doesn't have a cellular phone. He may have had his hotel room key on him, though. There were possible sightings of Brown in the Myrtle Beach area in the days following his disappearance. His loved ones believe he may have tried to get back home to Cartersville, but there's no evidence that he ever arrived there. His case remains unsolved.
- Myrtle Beach Police Department 843-918-1826
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 19, 2015; picture added.