Jonathan Alexander Camacho
Jonathan's identical twin brother, circa 2000 (Photos of Jonathan are unavailable); Right: Age-progression to age 21 (circa 2008)
- Missing Since 06/07/2000
- Missing From Whidbey Island, Washington
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 08/01/1987 (35)
- Age 12 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 87 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A short-sleeved blue and white-checkered shirt, a t-shirt and jeans.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Jonathan was hiking with his family at Deception Pass State Park on Whidbey Island, Washington on June 7, 2000. He apparently became separated from the group while walking along the main beach trail at the south end of the park at approximately 3:00 p.m. He was last seen near an 80-foot cliff that overlooks the water at Deception Pass State Park.
Searchers discovered one of Jonathan's personal possessions near the cliff three days after he vanished, as well as disturbed earth and vegetation. Authorities believe he fell from the cliff into the ocean below. His family accepted this explanation, published his obituary and held a memorial service for him.
Jonathan lived with his parents, twin brother and two older brothers in Draper, Utah in 2000; his family was on vacation in Washington at the time of his disappearance. He enjoyed soccer and basketball and was learning to play the viola, and he was active in the Boy Scouts and in his family's church. His body has never been found.
- Island County Sheriff's Office 360-678-4422
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 5, 2011; date of disappearance corrected, details of disappearance updated.