Jorge Alberto Sanchez
Sanchez, circa 2018; Some of Sanchez's tattoos; Sanchez's Ford Fiesta
- Missing Since 06/20/2018
- Missing From Hobbs, New Mexico
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 12/07/1991 (31)
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 250 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray shirt, black shorts and black Jordan shoes.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dark gray Ford Fiesta with the Texas license plate number KNH9303 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Black hair, brown eyes. Sanchez has the following tattoos: a black and gray dragon with a flower on his upper chest and right shoulder, black and gray skulls on his upper right arm, black and gray Chinese characters on his right forearm and wrist, a black and gray lion's face with octopus tentacles on his left forearm and wrist, a woman covering her face on his upper left arm, the word "KING" on his back, and the phrase "Sin Amor" on the back of his neck. Photos of some of his tattoos are posted with this case summary. Sanchez may have a sparse goatee.
Details of Disappearance
Sanchez lived in El Paso, Texas at the time of his disappearance. He drove to Hobbs, New Mexico for a temporary roofing job with an El Paso based construction company, and disappeared only two days into the contract.
After arriving in Hobbs, he took photos of the town and sent the photos to his family members. He called his wife from a hotel and said he missed her and their children. He said he wished he could come home, but he knew his family needed the money he'd earn from the job.
He was last seen leaving his workplace in Hobbs on June 20, 2018. A June 21 text message a relative sent him was marked "seen" at about midnight, but Sanchez didn't reply to it. He has never been heard from again. At 7:30 a.m. on June 22, a truck driver saw someone on the shoulder of Highway 190 between Iraan and Ozona, Texas, trying to signal for help.
The trucker called the sheriff's office, but no police arrived at the scene for two hours, and by then the man was gone. They did find Sanchez's car, a dark gray Ford Fiesta with the Texas license plate number KNH9303. It was unlocked and all his belongings were inside it, including his wallet, cellular phone and identification. It had run out of gas. A search of the area turned up no sign of Sanchez's whereabouts. A photo of his car is posted with this case summary.
Prior to his work trip to Hobbs, Sanchez had not left the El Paso area since he was a child. His family stated he wasn't involved with gangs, didn't drink alcohol and was very close to his family and three young children, who were between the ages of three months and four years old. He never picked up his pay for the two days he did work in Hobbs, and his family doesn't believe he would have simply disappeared voluntarily.
He has been known to work various jobs for cash, and his family believes he may be homeless and trying to earn enough money to get back home. His case remains unsolved.
- New Mexico State Police 575-382-2500
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 1, 2019; casefile added.